Is there anyone here who is using outlook & totlec with kolab ?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Mar 22 15:11:38 CET 2007

On Wednesday 21 March 2007 20:33, Nissim Penias wrote:
> I will be happy to speak with someone who has some experience with
> outlook+toltec & kolab setup

We have set this up many times. Once set up it works fine.

> since I am having troubles with retreiving
> freebusy info using outlook 2003.
> I am getting an error message that indicates a read error from the kolab
> server although apahce gives me the 200 massage code and I am able to
> retreive user at domain.com.ifb from the web browser.

Check out the setup document from
http://www.kolab.org/documentation.html
especially you need to add the ssl certificate.

> This is the only functionality that I am missing in order to start using
> kolab as a groupware server.
> toltec connector is installed in my outlook client and it's publishing the
> freebusy info with no special problem.

The freebusy information is created on the Kolab Server,
it is not published by the clients. The client could do this,
but you should not do it with Kolab Server 2.

> I am using kolab 2.1 from cvs & horde .

Note that "CVS" usually means development and experimental,
you probably will not want to use this in production.
The Horde support is an add-on which is beta and there are known
issues with it, so you need to be careful deploying it.

Best,
Bernhard