New port for Apache_kolab

Dalton carbuza at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 19:18:13 CET 2007

Hi guys;

Since I'm having a few problems to conect apache+php with mysql (thanks for
the answers that gave me a hint), I've tried to change que port where apache
listens, and this way, leave port 80 and 443 for Apache2 in my kubuntu
server.

To do so, I changed the file /kolab/etc/apache/apache.conf , to listen port
8080.

Apparently everything was OK when I restarted. In fact, I could login through

https://my_server:8080/admin

but while I was editing in the web of kolab, the served stopped responding
suddenly. It took me about half an hour to find out what was going on, and
finnaly noticed that the config file (/kolab/etc/apache/apache.conf) had
changed to the original one, and again the apache server was listenning ports
80 and 443.

Does anyone know how can I change this behaber?

Thanks

Dalton