Can't see attendees freebusy information in contact ????? help is required .

Nissim Penias nissimpenias at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 19 21:24:38 CET 2007

hello all,

I am having problems in viewing attendees freebusy information under
kontact:
I am using kde kdepim-3.5.6-4.el4 which supports kolab version 2 setup.

I am using the latest kolab & horde cvs packages :
kolabd-2.1_cvs-20070216
kolab-horde-framework-2.0.99-20051220
kolab-horde-fbview-2.0.99-20070112
kolab-webadmin-2.1_cvs-20070216
kolab-resource-handlers-2.1_cvs-20070124

I am able to send & receive mail via kontact with no problems.
I am able to view kolab defined users in konact ldap addressbook.

The only thing I can't do, is when creating new event in the calendar and
add attendees, is viewing their freebusy information.
This problem is getting me crazy since I looked over and over again in the
kolab documentation and can't find the reason it doesn't work.

I also read the freebusy troubleshooting document published in the kolab
website and I am able to manually retrieve/generate freebusy contect through
the browser but still can't see freebusy information through contact when
creating new event.

korganizer is sending notification to the all attendees  with no problem and
when I accept generated event it's updating my calendar but still no answer
to the freebusy missing info.

It's important for me to say that I will not be able to use the system is
calendar syncronization is enabled and working properly.

I will be happy to get assistant from anyone who has some experience in this
setup and can help
making me understand what it wrong here.

Many Thanks,
Nissim.