Problem uploading free/busy information to server

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Wed Mar 14 16:02:33 CET 2007

Dick Kniep <dick.kniep at lindix.nl> writes:

> Hi list,
>
> We have installed a kolab server under Xen/Debian. I can use it to send
> E-mail, but when I try to upload free/busy info it gives me a message:
>
> Access was denied while attempting to upload your free/busy list to the
> URL
> 'https://dick.kniep%40lindix.nl@kolab.lindix_internal.nl/freebusy/%EMAIL%.ifp'
>
> The server address that is entered in the configuration is:
> https://kolab.lindix_internal.nl/freebusy/%EMAIL%.ifp
>
> So it looks like it doesn't understand the macro %EMAIL% (taken from the
> documentation and enters the emailaddress IN FRONT of the address.
>
> If anyone knows what I am doing wrong, I would much appreciate your help.

You do not mention which client you use, but you should first check
the free/busy generation on the server (see
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_Server_Troubleshooting_-_Free/Busy
=> section Test generation of free/busy on the web server).

That way you'll know whether it is a client or a server problem.

Cheers,

Gunnar