Howto use a group account

Dick Kniep dick.kniep at lindix.nl
Fri Jun 22 14:38:11 CEST 2007

Hi list,

I have been looking at the possibilities of a group account. It really is very
nice for some things we want to accomplish. So my question is how to use it
in a KDE client?

The following is copied from a mail I found on the Internet, but I am sorry
that I simply do not understand what button to click to accomplish this in
Kontact.

---- snip ----

We should add howto set up a group account
from the two clients.

E.g. section31@
where two people shall be delegates and also see the emails.

a) Webinterface: Set delegates: delegate1 at domain delegate2 at domain

b)
! KDE:  Set up a new incoming dimap with the section31ł@ password,
sync, set the permissions on the folders to all for delegate1 at doman.
and delegate2 at domain, sync.

(The dimap is not needed anymore.)

2. With OL: You need a new profile (like with a new user):
Configure the account and set the permissions.
This user is still needed for all calender email that is not
automatically accepted or handled by KDE users.

c) If you want to read incoming emails with OL users,
consider switching on email delivery with the webinterface.

Could one of you experts please explain how to do this?

Cheers,
Dick Kniep