obmtool:WARNING install failure. Missing [[many, many packages]]

Jonathan Guilbault jonathang at canril.com
Tue Jun 19 16:18:10 CEST 2007

On June 14, 2007 02:10:36 pm Alain Spineux wrote:
> Please read the wiki about install in Fedora Core 6

Thanks Alain for the help.  Unfortunately, the advice there did not resolve my
issue.

The wiki offers two suggestions.  The first suggestion is to build with GCC
3.4; I attempted this and had the same issues.

The second is to disable SELinux for perl.  SELinux is already set to
permissive in this installation of CentOS so this could not have been an
issue.

The error bootstrap gives after I try & run it is:
-bash: /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_bootstrap: /kolab/bin/perl: bad interpreter: No
such file or directory

I believe this occurs because autopackage fails to install perl in the
autopackage environment; just like it is failing to install numerous other
packages.

Anyone have any insight?  My original email has a list of the missing
packages.  It starts with gcc-4.0.2-2.5.0.amd64-rhl5-kolab.rpm & ends with
kolab-horde-fbview-2.1.0-20070420.amd64-rhl5-kolab.rpm.

Thanks for your time & help.