sender rejected on local network

Skip Morse g_morse at alumni.plymouth.edu
Fri Jul 27 03:41:30 CEST 2007

Hey all,

This is my first 'mailing list', so bare with me.  I'll try to be to
the point.

I just install the kolab 2.1.0 a couple days ago...

It's in a VM and took about 8 hours or so to compile everything, there
were no errors and everything started fine.

Before I installed this stuff I did a fresh install of Ubuntu 6.06 LTS
-- but I think I should have given it a static IP, I left it dynamic,
don't know if that's an issue...

The primary mail domain is '@'mdomain1.com.
I can login with the admin panel as manager, and even as a user (which
I'll get to), but I haven't created an 'admin user' yet like it says to
in the start page after logging it.

I created a user and logged in user at mdomain1.com..  then I decided to
make a test mail domain (which I have, so I can set the mx record for
soon), so I made another domain of testdomain.com -- and created the
user: test1 at testdomain.com

The user is able to login to the web-interface fine.  I don't yet have
any MX Records to come back to the server.

This kolab server is within a lan and by default had a privileged
network of 127.0.0.0/8

I've tried to setup thunderbird as IMAP, and POP3 with SSL and not,
TLS, secure authentication...  anything...  nothing worked

I looked at the log for postfix and it says that it rejects it because
RCPT from unknown [internal IP]

so I tried to add the 192.168.30.0/24 after the 127...., and it doesn't
seem to update the main.cf  I even tried to add it to that file.  I
will try and add it to the template file tomorrow, but I thought the
admin interface was supposed to update that?

So, any input is appreciated, -- oh, and I have the "accept email from
the internet" or whatever it's called checked.-- I just need to know
how to configure the server to be behind a router and yet accessible
from both inside and outside.  All the ports are forwarded and I know
how to do it in theory, but I'm just wondering how Kolab needs it done.

Thanks a lot for any help. :)
-Skip