Docs/help

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Fri Jul 27 09:36:12 CEST 2007

Hi Simon,

Simon Powell <cabletastic at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello All,
> As a longtime Postfix/Mandrake user I decided to crawl into the 21st
> century and setup an Ubuntu/Kolab box. I have downloaded and
> installed ALL the deb files (and man there are quite a few
> dependencies!) and erm that's about it - I can't seem to find any
> docs about how you configure this. I have also noticed that if you
> connect to port 110 from a terminal it connects (ie some kind of POP3
> daemon is running) but then does nothing and you have to force a quit
> to get out of it - this doesn't bode well I would say but hey, the
> glass is always half empty. Would anyone be able to a) point me
> towards docs - I can't find any really that walk you through post-
> install config or just give me some help getting this working so I
> dont have to go back to my old setup?
> Any help will be really appreciated.

nice to hear that you give Kolab a try.

You'd need to give us some more specific information about the setup
you chose so that we can help you. Ubuntu/Kolab is too generic with
regard to the Kolab installation. The standard and in fact well
supported and documented option would be to install Kolab in an
OpenPKG environment on you Ubuntu box. It would then reside in its own
/kolab folder.

Did you install it this way or did you try to install the native
Ubuntu packages? I'm afraid these might be less well documented :)

Cheers,

Gunnar