[Gentoo] amavisd not starting

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Wed Jan 17 11:25:31 CET 2007

Oliver Večernik <ml at vecernik.at> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I recently installed Kolab2 on a Gentoo box following the wiki, but my
> installation does not work:
>
> # /etc/init.d/kolabd start
>  * Starting amavisd-new ...
> ERROR: MISSING REQUIRED BASIC MODULES:
>   Compress::Zlib
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/sbin/amavisd line 157.
>   [ !! ] * ERROR:  cannot start kolabd as amavisd could not start
>
> # eix ^Compress-Zlib
> * dev-perl/Compress-Zlib
>      Available versions:  1.41 ~1.42 2.001 ~2.003
>      Installed:           2.001
>      Homepage:            http://search.cpan.org/~pmqs/

If this package is installed but amavisd cannot load it, then you
might have updated your perl version without running:

perl-cleaner all

Check with

equery files Compress-Zlib

if the libraries are installed in the correct location
(/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/YOUR.CURRENT.PERLVERSION/).

It might also be possible that you updated zlib without running

revdep-rebuild

Try to emerge Compress-Zlib again in that case.

Please do post Gentoo specific Kolab questions to either

http://forum.pardus.de/ (if you like forums)

or