mail to shared folders

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Tue Jan 16 11:53:14 CET 2007

"Andrew J. Kopciuch" <akopciuch at bddf.ca> writes:

> Maybe even the fact that you have a multi step process that seems sort of
> unrelated in nature.  Creating a shared folder, then add an address book
> entry to be able to send mail to it.  That's not the most obvious way of
> doing things I guess.

That was basically the reason why I thought it is broken. From the
discussion in https://intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue828 I actually
still believe that this type of functionality should work out of the
box and omit the two step process.

> So in summary :
>
> 1.  Create the shared folder.   You have to at least have "anyone" & "post"
> ACL, and whatever additional ACLs required for your use.  ie.  At least one
> so you could subscribe to it.
>
> 2.  You have to create a VCard for "kolab+shared.<foldername>@domain.com"
>

> Works as I understand it is supposed to.

Thanks for the overview. I'll incorporate this soon into the wiki
(http://wiki.kolab.org).

Cheers,

Gunnar