big cyrus-problem in Kolab installation on opensuse 10.2

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Mon Jan 15 23:00:44 CET 2007

Op maandag 15 januari 2007 13:49, schreef Frank Belau:
> sorry for the english - it is translated with google...

It's too difficult to understand what you did and what happened.

> I have straight kolab on clean fresh opensuse 10.2 installed (I use the
> following repository
> http://repos.opensuse.org/server:/Kolab/openSUSE_10.2/ for smart) "smart
> install kolab" with to install the packages the first errors produced.
> only after which I deinstalliert manually the package "Perl Cyrus SIEVE
> managesieve", the installation left itself to accomplish. After which I
> had then the Kolabkonfiguration through, had I times evenly a user put
> on. and with this then the mailing lists (under services) put on.
> Starting from the access attempt from the Client (with me Thunderbird)
> there were the problems. The IMAP mailbox cannot be accessed. the
> Thunderbird does not come times so far to ask for the password of the
> account.

Do you have these packages installed (this is not a definate list of packages
needed for kolab, their might be more or less):
amavisd-new-2.4.3-15
apache2-worker-2.2.3-20
clamav-0.88.7-1.1
cyrus-imapd-kolab-2.2.12-45.1
imap-lib-2004g_suse-36
kolab-2.0.1-29.1
kolab-resource-handlers-2.0.1-23.2
lha-1.14i-604
perl-Archive-Tar-1.30-17
perl-Archive-Zip-1.16-31
perl-BerkeleyDB-0.31-12
perl-Convert-ASN1-0.20-20
perl-Convert-TNEF-0.17-292
perl-Convert-UUlib-1.051-31
perl-Cyrus-kolab-IMAP-2.3.7-25.1
perl-Cyrus-kolab-SIEVE-managesieve-2.3.7-25.1
perl-File-Remove-0.31-1.1
perl-IO-Multiplex-1.08-14
perl-IO-Socket-SSL-1.01-19
perl-IO-stringy-2.110-31
perl-kolab-5.8.7-15.2
perl-ldap-0.33-34
perl-ldap-ssl-0.33-34
perl-Mail-Box-2.065-1.1
perl-Mail-IMAPClient-2.2.9-1.1
perl-MailTools-1.74-20
perl-MIME-tools-5.420-20
perl-MIME-Types-1.17-17
perl-Net-Netmask-1.9014-12
perl-Net-Server-0.94-18
perl-Net_SSLeay-1.30-32
perl-Object-Realize-Later-0.15-1.1
perl-Text-Autoformat-1.13-1.1
perl-Text-Reform-1.11-1.1
perl-Unix-Syslog-0.100-59
perl-User-Identity-0.90-1.1
php5-dba-5.2.0-10
php5-dom-5.2.0-10
php5-imap-5.2.0-10
php5-ldap-5.2.0-10
php5-pear-5.2.0-10
php5-pear-auth_sasl-1.0.2-29
php5-pear-date-1.4.6-42
php5-pear-db-1.7.6-42
php5-pear-file-1.2.2-42
php5-pear-log-1.9.8-29
php5-pear-mail-1.1.14-8
php5-pear-mail_mime-1.3.1-43
php5-pear-net_imap-1.0.3-1.1
php5-pear-net_lmtp-1.0.1-1.2
php5-pear-net_smtp-1.2.8-1.3
php5-pear-net_socket-1.0.6-1.2
php5-smarty-2.6.16-1.3
php5-tokenizer-5.2.0-10
postfix-kolab-2.2.9-11.1

Or to make it easier (it's the same list, now without version):
amavisd-new
apache2-worker
clamav
cyrus-imapd-kolab