AW: Export an address book from Outlook to LDAP?

Christian Sentis cse at christian-sentis.de
Thu Jan 11 08:04:52 CET 2007

> > Is there any possiblity to export roughly 900 contacts from
> > Outlook to Kolab's LDAP address book?

[GIOVANNI BARONI:]

> Maybe this helps:
> http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/14487.html
> http://www.cybcon-industries.de/sonstiges_downloads.php

@ Giovanni: thank you very much for your help. The upper one of the two
links you have kindly provided me with did not exactly cover what I was
aiming at. Actually it would help in a quasi-reversed way.

Nevertheless: once I was at Novell's site, it was easy to find a tool named
"NcSv2Ldf" (http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/13658.html), which
seems to be a perfect starting point for what I will now do within the next
weeks - move to Kolab.

[THOMAS:]

> we solved it by using a Palm PDA - sync
> the contacts to the Palm on the Windows
> machine, then back to Kontact (and thus
> to Kolab's LDAP) on the Linux machine.

@ Thomas: thank you very much for your help. I am convinced that your
solution is working perfectly. Unfortunately, there are several win-pcs
without Palm equipment. I am afraid that these multiple Outlook-profiles
would cause any (one and only) Palm to stray.

Anyway: do I understand you right that any address moved into Kontact will
automagically be mirrored to Kolab's LDAP? Or does Kontact (attached to
Kolab) not use its "genuine" address book, but wholly rely on LDAP?

Have a nice day!
Christian