mail to shared folders

Matthias Henze lists at mhcsoftware.de
Fri Jan 5 15:28:06 CET 2007

Andrew J. Kopciuch wrote:

> On Friday 05 January 2007 01:02, Matthias Henze wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> can please some one tell me how to configure a shared folder so that i
>> can send mail (internal and external via internet) to it ?
>>
>> what i've done by now:
>>
>> - created a shared folder for mail
>> - added a addressbook entry with the e-mail address
>>

> You made the address kolab+shared.testing at mhcsoftware.de right?
>
> That becomes the virtual address.  You do not have to use that address if
> it
> is confusing to users.  You can also set an email alias for that Vcard.
>
> testingfolder at mhcsoftware.de
>
>> as described here: http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_FAQ
>>
>> permissions are:
>>
>> localhost.localdomain> lam shared.test at mhcsoftware.de
>> anyone lrswipda
>>
>> when i mail to: kolab+shared.test at mhcsoftware.de as described in the FAQ
>> the mail is not accepted with "user unknown".
>>
>> when i mail to: test at mhcsoftware.de mail is accepted by postfix, amavis
>> and kolabfilter - i can observe this in the logs - but cyrus fails to
>> deliver it to the shared folder and so kolabfilter creates a bounce.
>>

> Further down on that same wiki page there are more discussions on this.
>
> What you need to do is go into the web interface for that shared folder
> and
> add an ACL for "anyone" & "post".   Even if it has "anyone" & "all"
> already,
> you still need to specifically add the post ACL.  This will allow postfix
> to actually dump the email into the mailbox.

i've read this allready and i "know" this. but for me it does not work. i've
tried:

localhost.localdomain> lam shared.test at mhcsoftware.de
anyone lrswipcda

localhost.localdomain> lam shared.test at mhcsoftware.de
matthias at mhcsoftware.de lrswipda
anyone p

both do not work for me. where the second one is no option for large setups.

as said. postfix is not the problem. cyrus is. cyrus is unable to deliver
the mail. when i send a mail i get a bounce with:

<test at mhcsoftware.de>: service unavailable. Command output: Failed to set
    recipient: Mailbox unknown.  Either there is no mailbox associated with
    this name or you do not have authorization to see it. 5.1.1 User
    unknown, code 550

this message is generetated by kolabfilter when it tries to connect to cyrus
by lmtp in order to deliver the mail finaly.

can any one pleas point me to a solution ?

TIA
matthias