MX backup

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 15:27:13 CET 2007

On 2/26/07, Thomas Spuhler <thomas at btspuhler.com> wrote:
> Is there a good way on how to become a back-up server for someone. The way
> listed in the postfix.org readme doesn't work:

What is the problem ? What are the errors ?

> put into main.cf
>  relay_domains = the.backed-up.domain.tld

This is the good way, don't put he.backed-up.domain.tld anywhere else
except if you know what you are doing

>    relay_recipient_maps = hash:/ ..../postfix/relay_recipients

Never used that before ! I suppose this is to reject "early" emails
with wrong email address !
Don't use that except if you are sure to be able to keep the recipient
list up to date !

> /....... /postfix/relay_recipients:
>      @the.backed-up.domain.tld x
>

> --