"Sender rejected"

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Thu Feb 22 14:47:26 CET 2007

* André Karlsson <andre at solutrix.se> [20070218 18:18]:
> Everytime I send a mail from a kolab account domainX to a kolab account
> domainY from an external relay it is rejected back with the error 450:sender
> rejected.

If it would be from domainX to domainX, there would be the error
message "554 Sender address rejected: Invalid sender".

> Under the services tab (webgui tool) I don't have any rules set, just one
> radio button I cant "uncheck" saying
>
> "Reject the message with the except if it originates from the outside but
> has a From header that matches the Kolab server's domain. In that case
> rewrite the From header so the recipient can see the potential forgery."
>
> But this is only options for the rules I haven't checked.

These setting are only related to the RFC822 headers, not the SMTP
envelope.

> Current work around is to use another port and tunnel it locally to
> localhost:25 on the mail server, (ISP have port 25 blocked in some cases).
>
> Btw mailing list doesn't work with the external smtp relay either :(

If you want to allow that external relay to be able to send such
mail without verification, you need to add it to your "Privileged
Networks" in the web interface. This way you circumvent many of the
policy checks Kolab usually provides, but this is the way to go if
you really want that.

Please tell us if it works for you.

Thomas

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück - Registereintrag: Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HR B 18998