resmgr handles changes of event incompletely

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Tue Feb 20 11:47:04 CET 2007

Hi Andreas,

> In Kontact (from KDE 3.5.6), there I'd created an event and invited a room
> (resource account). The room was booked and I got an acception by the
> server. In the calendar of the room which I have read-only access to from
> Kontact, there the event was shown properly.
>
> On the next day, I've changed start time (increased) and end time
> (descreased) and added a new participant (person). Notification mails were
> sent and I got the accepptance messages back.
> However, there has been the old message for the event and a new one in the
> calendar folder of the ressource account of the room. The old event
> contains the former start and end time, the new one contains the new start
> and end time as expected.
>
> I've tried to change the start and end date again. And now as you may have
> guessed, I've got three messages in the folder. All of them have the same
> Subject and Id. I wonder if there is a known problem in the ressource
> manager? I run the latest packages for Kolab 2.0.4 as available on the
> mirrors.
>
> I'd be glad if someone could give me an advice about how to overcome this
> problem.

I don't know the resmgr code too well but there is a section that
should be responsible for identifying events with the same id and
consequently update the old event data rather than creating a new
event.

Can you increase the log output of resmgr and check the invitation
processing? If updating would work as expected you should have an entry

"Updating message $sid"

in your resmgr log.

Otherwise you might see

"Adding event $sid"

If you do not find a clear error in your logs you might wish to post
the log lines preceeding the "Adding event" entry.

Cheers,

Gunnar