free/busy: pfbcache.db corrupted?

ITSEF Admin itsef-admin at itsef.com
Tue Feb 20 10:00:10 CET 2007

Hi all,

I just noticed that I was getting tons of error messages in apache-error, all
of the form:

[...]
[Tue Feb 20 09:06:20 2007] [error] PHP Warning:
dba_open(/kolab/var/kolab/www/freebusy/cache/pfbcache.db,cd): Driver
initialization failed for handler: gdbm: Bad magic number
in /kolab/var/kolab/php/freebusy/freebusycache.class.php on line 106
[Tue Feb 20 09:06:20 2007] [error] PHP Warning:  Could not store pfb in cache
file DOM.AIN/USER/Calendar.pfb:  in /kolab/var/kolab/www/freebusy/pfb.php on
line 193
[Tue Feb 20 09:06:20 2007] [error] PHP Warning:
dba_open(/kolab/var/kolab/www/freebusy/cache/pfbcache.db,cd): Driver
initialization failed for handler: gdbm: Bad magic number
in /kolab/var/kolab/php/freebusy/freebusycache.class.php on line 106
[Tue Feb 20 09:06:20 2007] [error] PHP Warning:  Could not store xpfb in cache
file DOM.AIN/USER/Calendar.xpfb:  in /kolab/var/kolab/www/freebusy/pfb.php on
line 197
[...]

Indeed, pfbcache.db was last modified more than a week ago. First, I thought
this was due to the upgrade from beta2 to beta4 or the recent server crash
(power failure), but neither occured on that date.

To try and see what happens I backed the old file up and restarted kolab
(thererby discovering a problem with "kolab --help", see issue 1609). Now
pfbcache.db gets updated again, but the old cache is lost, of course (most
likely it wasn't correct, anyway - I do remember some odd readings from
free/busy over the past week or two). That leaves me with two questions:

- Any idea how pfbcache.db could have become corrupt in the first place?
- Is there a way to force the complete recreation of this file?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas