new horde package with new kolab RC1, impossible to login as manager

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Thu Feb 8 13:50:29 CET 2007

Hi Guillaume,

> I've successfully installed the new kolab RC1 with the new horde
> packaged released yesterday.

nice

> Had to manually install horde, as the script had bug with RC1. But
> it was really easy to setup with the wiki tuto provided.

Can you describe the bug you experienced or submit a a bug report at
https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/? This way I can try to
improve the script.

> So I have a working Horde frontend now. I can login to it with my users
> account.

> But impossible to login with manager one. So I can't access to Horde admin
> area and finish the setup.

That is expected since the manager user does not have a mailbox on the
server. He will not be able to log in. I will add the necessary
information on the wiki page.

What you need to do is to designate one of your users as Horde admin
user. You do that by editing
/kolab/etc/kolab/templates/horde-kolab-conf.template. Replace the
'manager' entry in

$conf['auth']['admins'] = array('manager');

with the mail address of the users. It should then read like this:

$conf['auth']['admins'] = array('user1 at mydomain.com');

You may also have several admins:

$conf['auth']['admins'] = array('user1 at mydomain.com', 'user2 at mydomain.com');

But you need to be aware that any changes you save in the horde admin
frontend will be overwritten after a few minutes if you do not copy
the changes to the templates. Has this been clear enough on the Wiki
page?

A general note:

The horde packages are still very experimental. I did release them
since I need the feedback from the community to improve the code. But
please be aware that they are not meant to give you a working horde
installation and have the potential to damage you Kolab installation.

Cheers,

Gunnar