Strategies to implement kolab

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 03:27:35 CET 2007

On Dec 11, 2007 9:31 AM, Luca Fornasari <luca at furna.com> wrote:
> Hi Gunnar,
>
> Thanks for your reply; anyway I still have some question about point 2)
> Please see below

most of the @@@variable@@@ are directly comming from  ldap dn=k=kolab,dc=......
some from kolab.global in /kolab/etc/kolab and some are builded by the
kolabconf process

> Is there any document explaining the overall strategy of kolab
> configurations?

maybe, look for the wiki

> Like what is taken from the LDAP server, what is taken
> from templates ... I'd like to avoid spending hours in finding out this
> my self.

Template are just template!

GUI actions change LDAP object,
kolabd is waked up by replication process (slurp),
kolabd search for what changed in LDAP
kolabd create/delete/update object in cyrus,
kolabd regenerate template,
and finaly restart required processes.

kolabconf force all this stuff.

Regards