Thunderbird and ldap

Simon Quantrill quantrill at argoss.nl
Thu Aug 30 09:18:34 CEST 2007

Paul Franklin wrote:
> I believe I followed the setup for Thunderbird to use the ldap address
> book as shown on this page:
> http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Setup_Mozilla_Thunderbird_for_Kolab_2
> yet it's not working.
> The exact settings I used are
> Base DN:  dc=yugm,dc=org
> Bind DN:  cn=Paul Franklin,dc=yugm,dc=org
> On the advanced tab, I tried the default search filter and then switched
> to (mail=*).  On scope, I have Subtree selected.
> On the offline tab, I click the Download Now button.  It counts thru 30
> entries and then claims that the replication succeeded.  Yet there is
> nothing in the address book.
> Has anyone any clues about what is wrong here?
> --Paul

Did you select the ldap server as your address book ?

Edit -> Preferences ->  Composition -> Addressing ->

Make sure here that the ldap directory is setup as well as your local
directory it is checked off as default..

--
Simon Quantrill

ARGOSS: Atmospheric, marine & coastal information, systems and consultancy.
ARGOSS BV
PO Box 61
8325ZH Vollenhove
The Netherlands
Tel +31 (0)527242299
Fax +31 (0)527242016
Web  http://www.argoss.nl/

Confidentiality Notice & Disclaimer
This message and its attachments can contain confidential and/or
proprietary information which could be subject to legal privilege or
immunity. Unless you are a named addressee or receive this email on
behalf of a named addressee you may not use, copy or disclose the
contents in any manner. Should you receive this message in error, you
are kindly requested to inform the sender and to delete all electronic
or paper copies. ARGOSS BV does not accept any liability for any errors
or omissions in the context of this email or its attachments which arise
as a result of Internet transmission, nor accept liability for
statements which are those of the author and not clearly made on behalf
of ARGOSS.