cyrreconstruct, why

Otmar Lendl ol at bofh.priv.at
Mon Aug 27 15:51:24 CEST 2007

On 2007/08/26 01:08, Thomas Spuhler <thomas at btspuhler.com> wrote:
> Why is kolab2 using cyrreconstruct?
> Cyrus imap uses reconstruct
> Well, it's my own mistake, I should have read the manual. I was relocating to
> a new server and at the same time upgrading from version 1 to 2
> I was for about 2 hours trying to find cyrreconstruct and it was certainly not
> on my box.
> After consulting the cyrus manual, I found it's now called reconstruct.
> Yes, It's not the kolab vanilla distro
> But again, why is kolab deviating from the cyrus version?

The name "cyrreconstruct" was introduced by the Debian packages. From
the README.Debian file:

-------------
The Debian packaging of Cyrus has a few quirks which are important to know
about:

1. Renaming of some Cyrus IMAP utilities

   The quota, reconstruct, master and deliver utilities have been renamed to
   cyrquota, cyrreconstruct, cyrmaster and cyrdeliver, following the template
   set by upstream with "cyradm".  This was done because both Cyrus Debian
   maintainers found the original names to be too generic and likely to cause
   namespace collisions later.

   Since documentation may refer to these utilities using their original
   name, you must be aware of this fact.  Also, installsieve is deprecated
   and not included in the Debian package; use sieveshell instead.

/ol
--
-=-  Otmar Lendl  --  ol at bofh.priv.at  -=-