Howto use a group account

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Aug 1 16:21:41 CEST 2007

On Friday 22 June 2007 14:38, Dick Kniep wrote:
> I have been looking at the possibilities of a group account. It really is
> very nice for some things we want to accomplish. So my question is how to
> use it in a KDE client?

Configure a new account with the credentials of the group account.
Change the main groupware folder to point to this account.
Sync a couple of times to create the folders.
Now you can change the main groupware folder setting back to your regular
account.
Set permissions on the folders so that your regular users
and others have the necessary rights to the folders.

> The following is copied from a mail I found on the Internet, but I am sorry
> that I simply do not understand what button to click to accomplish this in
> Kontact.
>
> ---- snip ----
>
> We should add howto set up a group account
> from the two clients.
>
> E.g. section31@
> where two people shall be delegates and also see the emails.
>
> a) Webinterface: Set delegates: delegate1 at domain delegate2 at domain

Log in as maintainer or admin in the web admin interface and modify the
group account, look at the input field "email delegates".

> b)
> ! KDE:  Set up a new incoming dimap with the section31ł@ password,
> sync, > set the permissions on the folders to all for delegate1 at doman.
> and delegate2 at domain, sync.
>
> (The dimap is not needed anymore.)

Explained above.

> 2. With OL: You need a new profile (like with a new user):
> Configure the account and set the permissions.
> This user is still needed for all calender email that is not
> automatically accepted or handled by KDE users.
>
> c) If you want to read incoming emails with OL users,
> consider switching on email delivery with the webinterface.

for c) log into the webinterface as group account, check out
the "Email Delivery" setting.