SMTP from outside

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Aug 1 15:52:14 CEST 2007

On Monday 30 July 2007 13:33, Alain Spineux wrote:
>On 7/27/07, Richard Bos <ml at radoeka.nl> wrote:>
> >Do you happen that ldaps works in combination with kontact
> > (kaddressbook)?  When I used kolabwizard last time, it configured ldap
> > for the addressbook AFAIR and not ldaps.
>
> Sorry I'm not sure to understand your question very well.
> And I'm not using kontact myself.

I think Richard wants to know if ldaps works with Kontact's addressbook.
Of course the addressbook is unnecessary for sending emails,
but nice if you use the ldap as company phone/email book.

I also have not tried ldaps with Kontact recently, but it should work. :)
If you want offline phone book funcationality, you can use the caching
function of the newldap-kio resource (which is in beta).

Bernhard