SOLVED: Strange problems with kontact

ITSEF Admin itsef-admin at itsef.com
Tue Apr 24 10:45:24 CEST 2007

On Monday 23 April 2007 22:23, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
[...]
> This is just a wild guess, but due to recent changes in the Qt libraries
> storing passwords containing a '!' doesn't work anymore. This problem
> has already been fixed and the fix will be released with KDE 3.5.7 and
> most likely also in some newer proko release.
[...]

THANK YOU! Yes, that was precisely it - all of the troublesome accounts were
using '!' in the passwords. SuSE issued Qt updates recently and the machines
in question picked them up over the past 10-14 days, which explains the "out
of the blue" failure. You just saved me from pulling even more of my last
hairs... :-} We'll warn our users for now, but I do hope that one of the next
proko2 releases will solve this...

Cheerio,

Thomas