Invalid sender

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 11:00:15 CEST 2007

Hello André

I suffered the same problem, and suggested to add an option into my
last post in kolab-devel ....

In between I changed my main.cf to let free inter-domain posting

smtpd_sender_restrictions =

and also removed the policy for the recipient (but I'm not sure about
the consequence, maybe it works without it)

smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks,permit_sasl_authenticated,
        reject_unauth_destination, reject_unlisted_recipient

If you try dont forget to change the template, in /kolab/etc/kolab/templates :-)

On 4/18/07, Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at pardus.de> wrote:
> André Karlsson <andre at solutrix.se> writes:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > I am back with the problem of invalid sender, a problem that appears when
> > you send mail from a kolab account to a kolab account using an
> > unauthenticated smtp relay.
> >
> > The "correct" way of doing this should be to add the smtp relays to the list
> > of privileged networks.
> >
> > However this is not an option since I have a hard time predicting all the
> > relays :O. And typing 0.0.0.0/0 sounds really stupid , since I dont really
> > know who you define a privileged network, is that ONLY allowing all inbound
> > mails from any domain to the server? Or is it something else to it.
> >

> Hi Andre,
>
> if I understand it correctly you are trying to allow a SMTP server in
> a dynamically connected network to relay emails over the Kolab
> server. That won't be possible.
>
> The Kolab server tries to provide a certain amount of security
> concerning the identity of its users: If you are Kolab user
> a at example.com the server will only allow you to send emails as this
> person. If you would now allow just any SMTP relay to send mails over
> the Kolab server you'd completely violate that concept.  Only if you
> have a host with a fixed IP you can loosen the Kolab restriction by
> adding this host to the priviledged networks.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gunnar
>

> --
> ____ http://www.pardus.de _________________ http://gunnarwrobel.de _
>
>     >> Mail at ease - Rent a kolab groupware server at p at rdus <<
>
> p at rdus Kolab work is funded in part by KDAB and the Kolab Konsortium

Alain Spineux
aspineux gmail com
May the sources be with you