Cyrus-IMAP Server Dead -- Any suggestions???

Nuno Silva nuno.silva at vgertech.com
Thu Apr 12 07:46:18 CEST 2007

Hi.

Webb, Paul wrote:
>> So, the next question that I have is simple -- if this error isn't
>> fatal, what is causing my imapd to fail loading. Is there a better place
>> to look for some diagnostic output?
>>
> At least on this question, I think I just found my own answer. In the rc
> script, there's a section that talks about verbose output, and the
> default is set to off (0). By setting it to on (1), I was able to glean
> a little more information. If you'd like to see the log, look at this link:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2ove67

You have this line:

/kolab/etc/rc.func: line 179: openpkg:rc:NOTICE:: command not found

Not sure if it's relevant to your setup but this suggests that you
didn't configure your environment.

Add this to /root/.bashrc

#kolab
export LANG=C
opa () {
   root="${1:-/kolab}"
   if [ ! -d $root ]; then
       echo "opa:ERROR: OpenPKG root directory $root not found"
       exit 1
   fi
   if [ ! -f "$root/etc/rc" ]; then
       echo "opa:ERROR: root directory does not contain OpenPKG hierarchy"
       exit 1
   fi
   eval `$root/etc/rc --eval all env`
}