Cyrus-IMAP Server Dead -- Any suggestions???

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Thu Apr 12 07:23:10 CEST 2007

Hi Paul,

> Also, I did an "su kolab" and ran ulimit. It appears to be unlimited. I
> did the same with kolab-n, with the same result.

I did not see this error before so I don't really know how to fix it,
but googling for "Unable to set file descriptors limit to -1" turned
up a lot of cyrus references and looking over them I also got the
impression that your basic Linux system somehow restricts the imapd
process too much. The user running the cyrus-imapd process is "kolab-r"
though. Check the limits for this one again.

Cheers,

Gunnar