kmail: problem making sieve vacation messages work

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Mon Apr 2 19:05:55 CEST 2007

Hi,

Ingo Klöckner from kmail fame suggested to reraise my issue here, since
kolab is using the cyrus imap server, and hopefully somebody is using
kmails vacation feature successfully here (even a negative result would
help to decide to report this bug):

I'm trying to get the kmail sieve vacation messages going, but failed
so far:

On the server, I use cyrus-imapd 2.3.8, and operating on the sieve scripts
with sieveshell and with kmail "Manage Sieve scripts" (freely translated
from german) works fine for my diverse accounts (the receive account
settings are fine ("server supports sieve" and "use system and user account
data" activated)), but selecting "Configure "Out of Office" Replies",
activating it, and pressing Ok leads to:
Ungültige Adresse (URL): sieve://hp@imap.local.site:2000/?x-mech=PLAIN.
if using plaintext login, with TLS or without any encryption,
or
Ungültige Adresse (URL): sieve://hp@imap.local.site:2000/?x-mech=DIGEST-MD5.
if using digest-md5 login.

I'm trying to use this feature since kmail 1.8 and cyrus imap 2.2.12 without
success.

I already browsed through the source, but failed to being able to locate the
issue :-(.. While the code looks promising, I (and my other users) would
love to see it in action ;-)..

One thing, I don't like in the logic (even without seen it running..): To
make this feature fully usable, it should provide a way to select the
account, where the sieve script is activated. Now, it simply takes the
first account with the sieve option enabled.

Could someone give me hints on how to debug this problem further?

TIA,
  Pete

[openSUSE 10.2 on server and client, cyrus-imapd 2.3.8 rpm build myself]