imap and cachedimap : cpu load

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Oct 24 22:15:44 CEST 2006

Hi Damien,

On Tuesday 17 October 2006 14:13, Damien Ulrich wrote:
> > I found Kolab groupware feature not available in kmail,
> > with 'imap' account type, but only with 'cachedimap' one.
> > (with kontact->kmail)

true, for nice operation on calenders, a cache is badly needed.

> > 'cachedimap' mailbox type, makes kmail take many cpu load, when updating
> > cache on the raid5 partition

Best is to have the cache on the local disc.
A local disc should take the load without problems,
but it might be different with raid5, I do not know.

> > Is there a way setting an 'imap' type account with groupware feature,
> > or folder based configuration for cachedimap (for Notes, Tasks, ...
> > folders) or should I create multiple accounts : one as cached and the
> > other as imap to limit folders cache reconstruction ?

> I'll create multiple accounts

This is what some do:
Have two Kontact accounts configured and use local subscription
to only subscribe the cached dimap account to the groupware folders.
Configuration via the kolabwizard features an option for this.
Have you tried the wizard?

Bernhard

--
Managing Director - Owner, www.intevation.net       (Free Software Company)
Germany Coordinator, fsfeurope.org       (Non-Profit Org for Free Software)