Kolab Server 2.0.4 not updating /kolab/etc/postfix/main.cf

Subrata Debnath subrata.debnath at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 18:34:11 CEST 2006

Dear All,
 I have instaled Kolab 2.0.4, after making changes to the
templates/main.cf.template, I execute the /kolab/sbin/kolabconf command, i
am expecting the changes to reflect in the /kolab/etc/postfix/main.cf file,
but it is not doing so.
I would like to know if anyone experienced similar problem? Any hint will be
helpfull.

The problem started with SMTP not working with local delivery. From the same
user account, i am trying to send a mail to self for testing purpose, the
following error comes in the log file:
Oct 15 02:44:57 cent <info> postfix/smtpd[31562]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from
localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]: 550 <debnath at cent.mydomain.com>: Recipient
address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table; from=<debnath at cent>
to=<debnath at cent.mydomain.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<localhost.localdomain>

Then i thought of modifying the postfix main.cf file. If I directly modify
the main.cf file, the changes takes effect, but the problem does not solve.
While looking for possible solution I observed a lot of difference between
the main.cf.templates and the main.cf, and the kolabconf command does not
recreate the main.cf file. Is this observation has anything to do with the
postfix error.

Will appreciate any help on this.
Thanks and Regards,
Deb