Accept unauthorized mail

Kai Hildebrandt kai.hildebrandt at dtnet.de
Wed Nov 22 12:21:08 CET 2006

Hi all.

I needed to configure the kolab-server to accept mails from another
domain.

The kolab test-domain is "kolab.example.org"

The mail exchanger for example.org now forwards the messages of a
specific user to kolab.example.org

In the "Services" tab of the administration frontend there is a checkbox
called "Accept Internet Mail". Does this setting change any
configuration files?

It works now after I've found this:
http://www.kolab.org/pipermail/kolab-users/2005-July/003125.html

I edited the file /kolab/etc/postfix/master.cf (probably not the right
place?) and added the -allow-noauth option.

I don't think that an administrator of kolab should edit any of the
config files by hand as far kolab is a black box system.

Is there a better solution for my setup above?

Regards
  Kai

DT Netsolution GmbH -  Talaeckerstr. 30 -  D-70437 Stuttgart
Tel: +49-711-849910-37               Fax: +49-711-849910-937
WEB: http://www.dtnet.de/    email: Kai.Hildebrandt at dtnet.de