How to exempt some addresses from checks on the mail server?

ITSEF Admin itsef-admin at itsef.com
Mon Nov 20 13:52:08 CET 2006

Hi all,

I ran into the following problem: Our users are allowed to send private mail
from our system(s), with their own mail address as "From:". This, however,
does not work with the Kolab setup, where all 'unknown' and non-delegated
sender addresses are rejected. As such, I like this feature, hence, I'm
trying to allow those sender addresses without switching the checks off
completely.

One way I've found was to add the "external" sender address as e-mail alias
for the users that use such addresses. If I do so, they can indeed use such
an address as sender - but at the same time, they can no longer send mail
*from* the outside to any of our addresses, as the mail server rejects that
sender when coming from the outside. Again, as such, I very much like this
feature, but this leaves me with the question:

How can I allow external addresses being used as sender going out *and* coming
in without having to disable the checks altogether?

Any insight is most welcome!

Regards,

Thomas