python kolab connection

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Nov 16 18:51:25 CET 2006

Hi Dick,

nice plan, I would love to see a Python client library.
Note that you should followup with those questions on the kolab-devel
mailinglist as this is where the experts are.
Some questions are even for the kolab-format list.

On Saturday 04 November 2006 01:32, Dick Kniep wrote:
> So I need to be able to access the imap box of the user with imap.
> Kolab uses disconnected imap with tls (as far as I know), any issues in
> connecting with standard python imap-lib?,

no issues, but to write a performing Kolab client, you will need to
a) implement a cache
b) implement a queue mechanism for incoming and outgoing objects

> Furthermore, how do I recognise if a map is a calendarmap or another map?

Annotations, see the format document.

> It is stored in a map called "Calendar" or can it be called something else
> (another language)? And if so, how do I know which map to use? Or should
> the system check on the connect which types are stored in a specific imap
> folder and deduce the name of the calendar map from that?
>
> The riddle to identify a specific calendar appointment can be solved using
> the imap id?

You need both the imap and the object id.

> There will be many more questions.....

Feel free to ask on kolab-devel.

> Op vrijdag 3 november 2006 12:43, schreef Stéphane Konstantaropoulos:

> > List: Is there any specific annotation on the mailbox that states it is a
> > calendar?

Yes, see the format document.

Bernhard

--
Managing Director - Owner, www.intevation.net       (Free Software Company)
Germany Coordinator, fsfeurope.org       (Non-Profit Org for Free Software)