Multiple kolab servers

Divan Santana Divan.Santana at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 10:22:59 CET 2006

Hi Everyone again! :)

I have just started with Kolab and so far I am very happy! Going to promote it
much more! Would be nice if the Ubuntu community caught on to what stable
production ready groupware/email server it is.

I have an advanced question though.

I have a customer that has multiple branches. We would really like to setup 1
kolab server per branch and POP and SMTP locally at all branches as would be
quicker and better on bandwidth however they still want to be on one domain
name.

Is there any fancy/easy way of doing this correctly?

One way I though of is if you create another domain(called
say "domainbranch1.com") and forward all mails for that user to the new
domain called "domainbranch1.com" and then they pop off there local kolab
server which is setup as "domainbranch1.com".

This is not really the best way, its kinda like fetchmail which is not really
what I'm after.

I know Kolab has master/slave servers, could this help?

Can someone shed some light on this topic or point me in right direction!

Thanks for your help! :D
--
Divan Santana

Skype:          	DivanSantana