system mail

Simon Pirschel Simon.Pirschel at hug.de
Mon Nov 13 09:43:58 CET 2006

>>> GARETTE Emmanuel <e.garette at atolcd.com> 07.11.2006 16:40 >>>
>> sebastian sanchez wrote:
>> Hello again
>>
>> Debian want to install Exim4
>> be cause postfix is not from his apt-sources
>> how tell to debian to use the postfix-kolab setup?
>> the same with apache, to not install another
>> like to run egroupware on that
>> tanks
>>
>I'm prefer installing nullmailer instead of exim4 (with localhost as
>smarthost).
>
>For apache, I change debian apache default port to 8080 and I'm using
>modproxy from kolab's apache.
>
>In /kolab/etc/kolab/templates/httpd.conf.template :
>
>ProxyPass /page/ http://localhost:8080/
>ProxyPassReverse /page/ http://localhost:8080/
>
>and run
>
>/kolab/sbin/kolabconf
>
>Regards.
Hi,

I purged exim4 and installed postfix, because you need a MTA for mysql for example.
Then I stoped debian postfix, removed it from runlevels and linked the postfix configs from kolab to /etc/postfix, because a lot of mail clients use the configs in /etc/postfix.

I only use kolab apache for administration of kolab, bind it on https 444 and removed http port binding.
For normal webserver usage I use debian apache with common port binding on port 80 and 443.

Greetings.