Kolab resource problem with KDE Kontact

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Nov 3 12:57:45 CET 2006

On Thursday 26 October 2006 09:30, Robert Szentmihalyi wrote:
> I am using Vontact 1.2 (which ships with KDE Version 3.5.2) on several PCs.

Thanks for helping to improve the KDE 3.5.x version.
(For people with rock solid requirements the proko2 branch is what
the Kolab-Konsortium currently recommends for production use.)

Note that there have been known problems with Kontact from 3.5.x.
You could try Kontact from 3.5.5 to see if this is improved at this point.

> Now, two users have problems accessing the shared (calendar and contacts)
> resources.
> The resources are configured and visible in KDE Control Center, but when
> exiting Kontact, a message appears saying like: "Error while saving:
> Resource Kolab-Server cannot be accessed" (translated from German).
> The accounts were configured using kolabwizard, and everything used to
> work fine. I actually can't tell what might have caused the problem.

You can check on the server if the annotations and acls are still in place.
Next you could try the trouble shooting menu for the folder in both
clients, index rebuild first then cache refresh.
Another thing to try is to reconfigure the same user freshly again (on a
different machine) and see if this changes things.

Bernhard

--
Managing Director - Owner, www.intevation.net       (Free Software Company)
Germany Coordinator, fsfeurope.org       (Non-Profit Org for Free Software)