python kolab connection

Dick Kniep dick.kniep at lindix.nl
Fri Nov 3 13:10:30 CET 2006

Hi list,

We have built an application in python / wxPython and would like to connect to
Kolab. I want to make appointments in Kolab from my application, and want to
read the appointments from Kolab in my application. I have found
documentation on an XML interface, but have no examples. So I would like to
develop a python interface to Kolab. (And when it is ready will make it
opensource).

The way it should work is something along the following line:

--------
def example():
	import kolab
	kolab.connect(host='kolabhost.com', userid='myuserid')
	calendar = kolab.getcalendar(userid='myuserid')
	appointment = calendar.appointment(appointment_id=12)
	dailyappointments = calendar.dailyappointment(date=now())

--------
The calendar is an object instance that contains all appointments (maybe only
in the future) of the userid it is requested for. Than an individual
appointment can be retrieved based on the id of the appointment.

Furthermore dailyappointments is a list of appointments of a specific day (or
maybe week, month)

Has anyone leads on how to do this?

Cheers

D.Kniep