Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get() in /kolab/var/kolab/www/horde/config/prefs.php on line 111

will trillich will at serensoft.com
Mon May 22 11:10:19 CEST 2006

i'm getting the exact same problem--

our install is on debian/testing (using the "debian" 3.1 RPM packages
for kolab -- nice job, there! -- and CVS for horde, per
http://kolab.org/webclient.html)

> [Mon May 22 03:08:12 2006] [error] PHP Notice:  Undefined index:
> charset in /home/will/kolab/server/var/kolab/php/pear/Horde/NLS.php on
> line 108
> [Mon May 22 03:08:12 2006] [error] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined
> function:  get() in
> /home/will/kolab/server/var/kolab/www/horde/config/prefs.php on line
> 111

i suppose i could include a bit more meat on what we've done to get here:

when the howto for horde (http://kolab.org/webclient.html) said

   and for PostgreSQL you'll need:
   --with=mod_php_pgsql        # for your apache rpm
   --with=pgsql                # for your php rpm

we took that to mean that we should add those options at the
appropriate places inside obmtool.conf, thus:

   @install ${altloc}apache-1.3.33-2.4.5_kolab \
       --with=mod_php_pgsql \
       --with=mod_auth_ldap \
       --with=mod_dav \
       --with=mod_php \
       --with=mod_php_zlib \
       --with=mod_php_gdbm \
       --with=mod_php_gettext \
       --with=mod_php_imap \
       --with=mod_php_openldap \
       --with=mod_php_xml \
       --with=mod_php_dom \
       --with=mod_ssl \
       --with=mod_php_mbstring

   @install ${altloc}php-4.3.11-2.4.2_kolab \
       --with=pgsql \
       --with=zlib \
       --with=gdbm \
       --with=gettext \
       --with=imap \
       --with=openldap \
       --with=pear \
       --with=xml \
       --with=dom \
       --with=ssl \
       --with=mbstring

(note the two "pgsql" additions, as first arg for both commands). we
then issued ./obmtool kolab again, to reset and rebuld everything from
scratch. is this a wrong approach?

http://localhost/horde/ comes up completely blank (telnet localhost 80
shows zero-size response after headers) and the logs reflect the error
on $GLOBALS['registry']->get().

========

http://localhost/horde/test.php works like a charm, tho:

Horde Version

   * Horde: 3.2-cvs

Horde Applications

   * Horde: 3.2-cvs
   * Imp: H3 (4.2-cvs) (run Imp tests)
   * Ingo: H3 (1.2-cvs) (run Ingo tests)
   * Kronolith: H3 (2.2-cvs)
   * Mnemo: H3 (2.2-cvs)
   * Nag: H3 (2.2-cvs)
   * Passwd: H3 (3.1-cvs) (run Passwd tests)
   * Turba: H3 (2.2-cvs) (run Turba tests)
</snip>

========

the IMP tests show:

IMP Version

   * IMP: H3 (4.2-cvs)

Other Horde Applications

   * gollem: No
     Gollem provides access to local VFS filesystems to attach files.
   * ingo: Yes (Version: H3 (1.2-cvs))
   * nag: Yes (Version: H3 (2.2-cvs))
   * turba: Yes (Version: H3 (2.2-cvs))
</snip>

========

INGO shows:

Ingo Version

   * Ingo: H3 (1.2-cvs)

Other Horde Applications

   * imp: Yes (Version: H3 (4.2-cvs))
</snip>

========

and TURBA shows:

Turba Version

   * Turba: H3 (2.2-cvs)

PHP Version

   * View phpinfo() screen
   * View loaded extensions
   * PHP Version: 4.3.11
   * PHP Major Version: 4.3
   * PHP Minor Version: 11
   * PHP Version Classification: release
   * You are running a supported version of PHP.

PHP Module Capabilities

   * MySQL Support: No
   * PostgreSQL Support: No
   * Microsoft SQL Support: No
   * Oracle Support: No
   * Unified ODBC Support: No
   * LDAP Support: Yes
</snip>

these may not be related to the 'get()' problem but -- why no
postgresql support, after the --with tweaks, above? and why the gripe
about gollem? but mainly, why isn't ->get() working?