Using ssl to send e mail instead of tls

Andrew J. Kopciuch akopciuch at bddf.ca
Mon May 22 09:52:47 CEST 2006

> I know how to do this in thunderbird or kmail. I am interested how to do it
> in KOLAB

SMPTS (port 465) runs on kolab by default.   Unless you did something strange
with the config templates ... it's running.  If it is not running ... check
the logs for problems with the SSL certificate.

As for thunderbird, under the account settings, edit the kolab outgoing SMTP
server.  And choose SSL for "use secure connection".  You will need to
authenticate with the email address and password.

That's all you need to do.

Andy