MySQL compilation problems

chaloupe at free.fr
Tue May 16 19:12:17 CEST 2006

Hi all,

My third attempt to install Kolab and Horde as Web client under Kubuntu 5.10
No problem with Kolab.
But horde needs MySQL...that I'm not able to compile with my config
(kubuntu 5.10 - Linux 2.6.12-10-386 UTC 2006 i686 GNU/Linux) :
"undefined reference to __ctype_b" and others "__ctype" definitions.

1. I feel these build problem comes from gcc (I linked gcc->gcc 3.3 for
the installation)...but I tried so many things...any idea ?
2. I dont know if I can use a "classical" install of mysql (out of Kolab
and Openpkg environment) with packets provided with Ubuntu ?
3. If so, will PHP and Apache see that MySQL is in place and accept to
compile with MySQL option ? (at this moment, they don't.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated...I'm in a total dead end.

PS1 : I'm an extremly bad Linux admin...but I can understand
quickly...if you explain me longly
PS2 : would you please excuse me if I don't post on the right list, but
... Kolab, Horde, Openpkg, Ubuntu ... I really don't know who can help me.

Many thanks in advance,

Christophe