Mailbox migration kolab -> kolab

Torsten Irländer torsten at irlaender.de
Sun May 14 13:58:41 CEST 2006

Am Samstag, 13. Mai 2006 17:31 schrieb SST Berlin:
> Hi member !
>
> Simple question:
>
> How can I transfer existing mailboxes from one to an other kolab-server ?
>
> LDAP database is same on both systems.
>
> My wish: No loss of existing mails of user in folder/subfolder.

Hi ,
You should give mailsync a try.

> Which folder must be copied ?
In short you can copy the mailfolders from the spooldir to the target server
und run cyrus-reconstruct there. I did not have done this for me but a
detailed description of how to do this can be found in one of the nice mini
howtos in CVS[0]

IMO the more safe way will be to use mailsync here.

[0]
http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/doc/raw-howtos/moving-mailboxes.txt

best regards
Torsten