kolabd package available in Debian sid

Pete Brown pete at geekbuilt.com.au
Tue May 9 10:13:56 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 09 May 2006 01:53, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Richard,
>
> On Sat, May 06, 2006 at 03:33:59PM +0200, Richard Bos wrote:
> > > The estimation of many developers is that Horde is probably very hard
> > > to fix because of design problems. Fixing Horde or using different
> > > components will be a lot of work.
> >
> > is it possible for you to point out the problems that you see with
> > respect to horde working together with kolab?  Looking at the bug reports
> > in the horde bugdb (http://bugs.horde.org/ fill in 'kolab' in the summary
> > field), there aren't too many issue's.  Especially not design issue's...
>
> I have had several developers that have deeply looked into the code say
> that they cannot bring Horde as Kolab Client into a stable, maintainable
> state. It supposetly is more inexpensive to write a new webclient.
> I have not a detailed list of technical reasons and it probably
> would be a major piece of work to produce them.

ok this has gotten my brain thinking and i got a question or two.

i know some of Kolab is in a few perl modules.
is there one of those modules that reads the kolab xml format for the various
imap messages?

and if there is could we use those to make a web interface?

if there isn't i am guessing since it is xml it wouldn't be that tricky to
write a module or three to display the imap stuff via a web interface.

i have done a bit of mod_perl programming and would be happy to devote some of
my time to help with this (and i also see it as another excuse to expand my
perl skills)

--
Peter Brown
Partner