Failed to retrieve user's DN: [-1] Can't contact LDAP server

Vladislav Tchernev vladt at broadsign.com
Wed Mar 22 19:37:39 CET 2006

In my experience (you could check the "Horde problem: Can't contact LDAP
server" thread) the problem arise in /kolab/lib/php/Horde/Prefs/ldap.php
file .. it seems that $params['hostspec'] is empty and I assume it is
supposed to be set with the corresponding value
from /kolab/var/kolab/www/horde/config/conf.php. I fixed this for me, setting
$params['hostspec'] to '127.0.0.1' manualy
in /kolab/lib/php/Horde/Prefs/ldap.php

Cheers
Vlad