Horde problem: Can't contact LDAP server

Vladislav Tchernev vladt at broadsign.com
Thu Mar 16 22:52:28 CET 2006

Hello,
FYI, looking through the code I figured out that the reason for the problem is
that in the  /kolab/lib/php/Horde/Prefs/ldap.php the $params['hostspec'] is
not initializing correctly and it turns out to be empty .. I have hardcoded
the  $params['hostspec'] to 127.0.0.1 and now , horde can connect to ldap
server and authenticate the users. Since horde is working for you guys, that
means that this is not a bug and the problem is on my side so I am living
this like that for now .. I am facing now another problem thought .. setting
up truba and kronolith from Horde->Setup make the left menu disappear after
the config files are generated  ... I will try looking around for this
problem first before opening a new thread.

Best regards
Vlad