new Horde release

Henk van Lingen henkvl at cs.uu.nl
Wed Mar 15 14:59:02 CET 2006

On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 10:14:25AM -0300, Rodrigo de Oliveira Gomes:. wrote:
  > http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_Installation_-_Horde

  Yes, I've read that document. However, I don't like the approach of
  running everything on a single box. I think already just the Kolab
  stuff on one box may be questionable at a big site. So I consider
  isolation for example the spam and viruschecking parts, if I happen
  to decide rolling out a Kolab solution.
  Therefore I'm certainly not happy also adding a complete Horde
  installation on such a box. It's not ideal in terms of performance,
  maintenance and upgrades, I suppose.

  That's why I liked opengroupware first, it adds to existing
  mailinfrastructure. However, they have no working fat clients, and no
  Outlook-like meeting requests (but do have promising progres regarding
  usermanagement (xmlrpc, OGoMojo, ldapsync, etc.) How to connect Kolab to
  a ldap or ADS you don't manage yourself?)

  So I installed horde on another box. And after struggling finding out
  how to configure things and how to fulfill all requirements, I can
  now use both the kolab calendars and the kolab mail. So that's fine.
  So now I'm looking at contacts. Maybe my ldap setup is not completely
  correct. But wouldn't that also affect the working parts?

  Cheers,

--
Henk van Lingen, Systems & Network Administrator              (o-      -+
Dept. of Computer Science, Utrecht University.                /\        |