DBERROR: annotations.db

Sven Verluyten sven.verluyten at be.easynet.net
Tue Mar 14 15:55:27 CET 2006

> > - Later on, other clients, like Konsec, began displaying the same error
> > - This has nothing to do with the seen DB, these don't fail
> > - Also, what the strange thing is, the mail clients/server seem to keep
> > working, we don't really see a problem on client side, but there is one
> > for sure, as shown by the toltec & imapd output
>
> Beware, your imapd will probably stop working at midnight.

Why would it? it's been like this for 4 days, do I need to avoid restarting
imapd ??

> Restore a working backup of annotations.db, or manually restore all
> annotations using cyradm.
>
> For the statistics: (you can also add this info to issue840)
>
> Which distribution/kernel/glibc/filesystem do you use?
kernel 2.6.12.5 on a debian sarge
 Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.20GHz
No hyperthreading
just one cpu in /proc/cpuinfo

More info
We noticed the corruption (if it is one), occured  on a migration of a test
user to an account using imap, suddenly , from that moment on, errors keeps
occuring.

Now, we have backups of that annotation.db file, what is the correct procedure
of restoring them ? what is the best way to proceed and be sure the imap will
NOT fail? do we simply replace the file? do we go to plain text and re
convert it? do we stop or start a service before or after? and mostly
what data do we loose by falling back to an older DB  ?

--
Sven Ve