horde & mysql permission issues

Junk Folder harty83 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 04:18:41 CET 2006

I just set up horde and everything seemed to go smooth.  But whenever I
login to horde, I get these errors:
 Horde/Kolab: Unable to synchronise address book "alan's Address Book": NO,
Permission denied

[image: Error]  Horde/Kolab: Unable to synchronise shares: NO, Mailbox does
not exist

[image: Error]  Horde/Kolab: Unable to synchronise address book "alan's
Address Book": NO, Permission denied

[image: Error]  Horde/Kolab: Unable to synchronise address book "alan's
Address Book": NO, Permission denied

[image: Error]  Horde/Kolab: Unable to synchronise shares: NO, Mailbox does
not exist

[image: Error]  Horde/Kolab: Unable to synchronise address book "alan's
Address Book": NO, Permission denied

[image: Error]  Horde/Kolab: Unable to synchronise shares: NO, Mailbox does
not exist

[image: Error]  Horde/Kolab: Unable to synchronise address book "alan's
Address Book": NO, Permission denied

[image: Error]  Horde/Kolab: Unable to synchronise address book "alan's
Address Book": NO, Permission denied

[image: Error]  Horde/Kolab: Unable to synchronise shares: NO, Mailbox does
not exist

[image: Error]  Horde/Kolab: Unable to synchronise calendar "alan's
Calendar": NO, Permission denied

[image: Error]  Horde/Kolab: Unable to synchronise shares: NO, Mailbox does
not exist

I've searched through my horde config file and everything seems correct.  Do
you think the permission issue is with horde communicating with ldap, a
mysql communication problem, or a file permissions problem?

Also, since I have set up horde, I cannot start stop openpkg's mysql.  I
get:
root at hartysdesktop:/home/alan# openpkg rc mysql stop
OpenPKG: stop: mysql:FAILED
openpkg:rc:WARNING: /kolab:mysql:%stop: failed with return code 1
openpkg:rc:NOTICE: output from stdout/stderr is following:
| /kolab/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
| error: 'Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)'
| /kolab/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
| error: 'Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)'

I can get around via mysqladmin though.  How can I fix this problem?  Could
the two be related?

Thanks!
Alan