Proko2 client performance? (was: proko2 client very sluggish?)

T. Ribbrock admin_slox-e at itsef.com
Tue Mar 7 12:19:43 CET 2006

Hi Bernhard,

On Sun, Mar 05, 2006 at 09:46:40PM +0100, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> I think it might be normal depending on the number of folders and subfolders
> you have and the latency of the connection.
> For me over LAN it always has been very fast, so I would say
> your 3 and a half minutes are quite long.

I found our network to be part of the problem, so before I go any further
I'll have to get that out of the way.

> Did you check the log to see if there are some problems?
> Might there be DNS problems?
> What does the console output say, if you start Kontact there?

I'll check those as well, though.

> Note that even if it would take 3 minutes (I am sometimes
> using my client under ISDN) there is no problem as you can just continue
> working with it.

See, that was the major problem: Most of the time, you *can't* continue
working, as the rest of the program got so slow that even typing some
characters takes seconds instead of instants - on a fast machine. Otherwise,
this would be a non-issue. Apparently, this does not happen for you?

Cheerio,

Thomas