Stupid(?) questions wrt Toltec

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Wed Mar 1 14:13:08 CET 2006

Am Mittwoch, 1. März 2006 12:17 schrieb T. Ribbrock:
> On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 11:50:12AM +0100, Andreas Gungl wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, 28. Februar 2006 16:11 schrieb T. Ribbrock:
>
> [...]
>
> > > - First of all: We have the IMAP access via the connector working -
> > > BUT: Is the Toltec connector supposed to deal with incoming meeting
> > > request like kmail does (i.e. you get this nice "Accept"/"Deny" on
> > > your screen)? 'cause in our case (Win00/OL2000), it doesn't. All
> > > meeting requests I send from kmail are displayed as plain text (i.e.
> > > the full mail with headers and all) in Outlook. None of the docs
> > > clearly states whether the connector is supposed to deal with this or
> > > not, so I'm really not sure.
> > >   On the Outlook side, mails are downloaded via POP3 (doc3 states
> > >   something to the extent that Outlook can't deal with the mails
> > > unless downloaded via POP3 - did I misunderstand something?).
> >
> > Works fine here with POP3/SMTP configured via Internet-Mail and Toltec
> > Connector used to access the IMAP folders.
> > But looking at your explanation I can't see a reason why it doesn't
> > work for you.
>
> Thanks - at least I know for certain now that it *should* work. I'll add
> more detail - maybe you can compare it to your setup and see something
> odd?
>
> - We added a POP3 account to OL00 with "Internet-Mail", indeed.
> - The Toltec connector is installed.
> - We can see and access all IMAP folders of the account, with the
> exception of the actual "INBOX" (the one on the server, not the one
> Outlook creates). - Outlook's own "Inbox" ended up being an IMAP folder
> as well, which we found funny, as that means you download mail via POP3
> just to move it back onto the server via IMAP...
> - We have also added a forwarding rule on the server using the
> webinterface, which forwards all non-ical mail to another folder. This
> was suggested in doc3 and the reason we chose this was to minimize the
> amount of mails that needs to go through POP3. We can see all "normal"
> mail go to the additional folder just fine and all meeting requests do
> end up in INBOX (and thus get fetched via POP3).
> - Upon running POP3, all mail in INBOX on the server ends up in Outlook's
>   "Inbox".

Looks quite good so far.

> - As mentioned previously, when clicking on any meeting request
> (generated with KMail), that request is displayed as plain text (or, to
> be more precise: The source of the mail is shown, header, body and all).
> - If we drag such a request to the "Calendar" folder, it automatically
> becomes a meeting, i.e. a dialog window pops up which - I think - is
> supposed to represent the meeting request, but it's not clear how to
> accept/deny. Also, responses to meeting requests (e.g. an "accept" of a
> KMail user) end up being new appointments instead of being applied tothe
> existing appointment.

Well, there is a line in the message (quite below the address data) which
states if the event is known in your calendar or not. Maybe there is a
problem that the calendar folder on the Kolab server is not your default
calendar. The invitation handling i ssaid to work only for the default
calendar in OL. (I haven't verified myself.)
On our side, opening that message and deleting it marks the attendee in the
event with the correct state.

Hope that helps,
Andreas