French folders names and annotations problem

chaloupe at free.fr
Sun Jun 11 11:56:57 CEST 2006

Hello all,

I'm using Kolab 2.0.3 and Horde 3.2-cvs as client.
I choosed to use Kolab as storage driver for events, notes and tasks
I wonder what mechanism is responsible for naming and creating the base
folder set (calendar, notes, contacts and tasks).
In fact, I have a problem with the "Tasks" folder whitch is named, when
created in my french cyrus configuration, "T&w6I-ches" (because of the
accent : Tâches).
I'm not able to use this folder whith Nag - no task created and a white
screen when I attempt to create one - certainly because of its name but
surely too because there's no particular annotation for it in Cyrus.
So I renamed it as "Taches" (without the accent) and could notice that
the annotation " folder-type: task" suddenly and automatically
reappeared. But just "task" and not "task.default". And...I'm always not
able to use it whith Horde :-\
So my questions :
1. Can I change the default french name to "Taches" when I create a new
user (I have juste two users at this time) so that the folder can be
created with normal annotations.
2. I want to use Toltec with Outlook as client for Kolab. But Outlook
uses other names for its folders (ie : events are stored in the folder
"Agenda" on Kolab server and in "Calendrier" in Outlook). Will not this
be a problem ? Do I have to take care of something in particular ?
3. I found no clear way to change the annotations on my own in Cyrus.
How can I do it ? (if I can)
4. I read a lot about annotations but unfortunately found nothing about
the exact convention used by Kolab/Horde (ie : I have 2 folders with
"folder-test: true" annotation and 2 others have not this one. Is it
normal ?). Is there some documentation on this ?

Oh, I have another one that has nothing to do whith folders :
In Kolab's web interface - users module - I can read for automatic
invitation hanling "For regular accounts to use this feature, give the
'calendar' user access to the Calendar folder".
I wonder what this exactly means and simply don't know how to do that
:-[ . Any suggestion ?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Christophe